Sunday, November 30, 2008

Easy Salsa

I was looking back through the posts and realized that I haven't posted my super easy and delicious salsa recipe. I came up with this recipe years ago after eating more than my share of chips and salsa at local Mexican restaurants. I wanted something very similar to what they serve in the little plastic jars minus the cilantro, which I don't like. Of course, you can add cilantro if you so desire.

Ingredients:
1 28-oz can diced or petite diced tomatoes
1 10.5-oz can diced tomatoes with chilis
1/4-1/2 of a medium onion, chopped roughly
1 TBS minced garlic or more to taste (I used the kind in the jar)
Salt to taste

Instructions:
Put all ingredients except salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse several times until onion is finely diced. Pour salsa into a large glass or plastic bowl. Add salt as desired and stir well. Try not to eat it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I can do this one too! By the way, your Texas Caviar is my new 'staple' appetizer to take places!