Friday, July 25, 2008

Corn Dog Handwiches/Muffins


DH fell in love with this Cuisinart Sandwich Grill one day when were in Belk. So of course we got it. Turns out it's more versatile than originally anticipated. I found some recipe ideas for making corn dog muffins and corn dogs in the sandwich grill and have been dying to try them out. So today I did.

Ingredients:
1 package buttermilk corn bread mix (the only-add-water kind), prepared
according to package directions
1/2 cup shredded cheese, or more if desired
3 of your favorite hot dogs, sliced thinly (We like Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks)
ketchup and mustard for dipping

Instructions:
I mixed all ingredients together. Then I filled the wells of the sandwich grill evenly and closed the lid. About 5 minutes later we had perfectly cooked corn dog handwiches. Yum!

Don't worry, though. You can make these as corn dog muffins in a muffin tin if you don't have a sandwich grill like me. In fact, I often just use the muffin tin (results shown above) myself so I can cook all the batter at one time.

No comments: