Friday, July 25, 2008

Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli

I got the idea for the recipe here. I basically doubled the original recipe.

Ingredients:
2 - 2 1/2 lb thinly sliced beef (I used sirloin)
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 TBS white wine
4 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS brown sugar
3 tsp sesame oil
2-3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 bag thawed broccoli florets or broccoli cuts (to add later)

Instructions:
Add all the liquid ingredients to the crock pot. Add your garlic and red pepper. Add your sliced meat, tossing to coat thoroughly. Cook on high for 2 - 3 hours or low for 4- 5 hours. This didn't take as long as I thought it would.
An hour before serving, add your broccoli, stirring to coat with sauce. Cook on high for another hour.
I served DH's with steamed brown rice. I ate mine without any rice.

I also plan to try this with chicken because it was delicious. I was surprised how tender the beef was due to the vinegar.

No comments: