Saturday, December 13, 2008

Buttery Bread Machine Yeast Rolls***

Oh my! These require some effort, but they are DIVINE! They are the perfect roll for any special holiday meal.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm milk, 70-80 degrees F (I use reconstituted powdered milk)
1/2 cup butter, very soft
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast

Instructions:
Put all ingredients in the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Choose dough setting. Once dough is finished kneading, turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 24-28 equal sized portions. Roll into balls. Place balls in a lightly greased 9X13 baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place 1 1/2 - 2 hours for maximum size and fluffiness. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Brush with softened butter after they come out of the oven for extra yumminess.

***I'm sure you could also make these without the bread machine. I haven't tried them this way, but this is what I would do if making them the "normal" way. Convert the bread machine yeast into the equivalent amount of regular yeast, letting it bloom in the warm milk for 3-5 minutes and then use a mixer with a dough hook to mix/knead. Let the dough knead for 7-10 minutes in the mixer or knead by hand for the same amount of time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am hopping over from my blog- The Gerber Babies Blog! Thank you for posting this. I wish that I had found this a long time ago! It is now one of my faves! I just took mine out of the oven. The flavor is perfect. Thank you again!